[Athen] Tool for typing/scribing math and science

Romack, Justin justinr at disability.tamu.edu
Wed Aug 25 10:35:26 PDT 2021

Howdy y'all!

I'm working with a student who has difficulty with hand/eye coordination and, as a result, has issues with legibility of their hand-written text.

This student is in an Engineering program and will be taking Calculus this fall. We looked at Equat.IO and the student had concerns it may not include support for notation/symbols for Calculus-level mathematics. Can anyone speak to this concern?

If not Equat.IO, are there other tools we should look into? The student can type and use a mouse, so we're not necessarily looking at Dragon or speech-to-text.

Grateful for any direction you can provide, wonderful colleagues!

Best,

Justin Romack | Assistive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resources | Texas A&M University
1224 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1224

ph: 979.845.1637 | justinr at disability.tamu.edu | disability.tamu.edu
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS | One Division. One Mission.