[Athen] Livescribe Echo with Macs

Jeremy Zhe-Heimerman Jeremy.Zhe-Heimerman at cortland.edu
Tue Aug 31 13:38:58 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

We still have a number of Echo pens we are loaning out to students. I guess COVID has put off this reality for us, but as Apple phased out USB-A on their Macs, we are now realizing that our students with Macs cannot connect the Echo to their Macs unless they have a USB-A adapter.

How is everyone else handling this? Are you loaning out USB-C to USB adapters with your pens? USB-C to Micro B cables that plug directly from the Echo to a Mac? Has anyone run into problems with one or the other?

Thanks!

Jeremy Zhe-Heimerman (he, him, his)
Assistant Director, Disability Resources
SUNY Cortland
Memorial Library, Room B-204
P.O. Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045-0900
O: 607-753-2358 | F: 607-753-5495
jeremy.zhe-heimerman at cortland.edu<mailto:jeremy.zhe-heimerman at cortland.edu>
Disability Resources Homepage<http://www2.cortland.edu/offices/disability-resources/index.dot>
AccessCortland Faculty Portal<https://shibboleth-cortland-accommodate.symplicity.com/sso/faculty>
AccessCortland Student Portal<https://shibboleth-cortland-accommodate.symplicity.com/sso/>

Follow Us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/accessiblecortland/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/AccessCortland> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/accessiblecortland/>

Confidentiality Note: This email may contain privileged and confidential information that should not be copied or forwarded without consent.