[Athen] Accessible IT Procurement - vendor score cards?

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Mon Dec 13 11:38:06 PST 2021

Hello,

I am working with a group to develop our agency's Accessible IT Procurement policy and accompanying procedural/process documents. Our work includes explanation of steps such as soliciting information from a vendor, what questions to ask, things to look for in a VPAT, etc. Our process is also attempting to assess compliance risk from an impact standpoint. For example, is the product in question intended to be used by all agency staff? The public? Or, will it be used by a smaller, defined department with very specific business needs, etc.

Do any of you use a grading rubric to score information and/or demonstrations provided by vendors/suppliers? I am interested in resources such as VPAT score cards, rubrics used to grade a vendor when demonstrating accessibility features, etc.

Our group is aware of both the HECVAT accessibility tool and the IMS Global Accessibility rubric. We will explore how to integrate those tools into our process and investigate how they provide guidance on grading vendors/products.

Thank you!

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-3922 • c: 206-914-7187

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>