[Athen] Any updates to Dragon Dictate on Mac?

Auston Stamm abs13 at stmarys-ca.edu
Tue Jun 22 12:49:56 PDT 2021

Hi Lydia,

It isn't supported anymore. Nuance stopped support a couple of years ago.
<https://scottbakerbooks.com/2018/10/29/dragon-for-mac-discontinued/>
Also, Nuance
was recently purchased by Microsoft
<https://techcrunch.com/2021/04/12/microsoft-is-acquiring-nuance-communications-for-19-7b/>so
hopefully, some of their technology will become integrated into Windows in
the future.

Mac has built-in dictation and voice control features, which offer a lot of
the same functionality as Dragon. Also, Dragon Anywhere
<https://www.nuance.com/dragon/dragon-anywhere.html> can be used on
mobile devices.
*Auston Stamm, Doctoral Candidate, Educational Technology*
*he / him / his*
Saint Mary's College of California
Student Disability Services
<https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/student-disability-services>
Accessibility & Assistive Technology Coordinator
Office: (925) 631-5071
Email: abs13 at stmarys-ca.edu