[Athen] Columbus: Ohio State University hiring Innovative Learning
Solutions Consultant, Office of Institutional Equity
Lydia X. Z. Brown
lydia at autistichoya.com
Sat Jun 26 16:03:59 PDT 2021
Just the messenger:
This is a newly created position working with a great team!
We have posted to hire an Innovative Learning Solutions Consultant. You can
learn more about the position and consider applying here:
If you know anyone who may be interested or are part of online communities
where you can share, please do!
Innovative Learning Solutions Consultant
Office of Institutional Equity, The Ohio State University
With the vision of supporting the values and mission of the Office of
Institutional Equity (OIE), the Innovative Learning Solutions Consultant
supports a centralized Institutional Equity function that will be a leading
model in higher education. OIE is committed to creating an environment that
is equitable, fair, and just. OIE coordinates Ohio State's education about
and response to reports of all protected class discrimination, harassment
and sexual misconduct affecting students, employees, volunteers, and
In partnership with and reporting to the Director of Education &
Engagement, the Innovative Learning Solutions Consultant analyzes and
designs innovative learning solutions for both online and classroom using
an instructional system design (ISD) process. This position designs and
implements learning materials that produce greater learning outcomes with a
strong focus on best practices, performance support, usability and
accessibility. This includes but is not limited to creating visually
impactful instructional graphics, online learning modules, and modes of
assessment. OIE and this role are responsible for education materials
related to anti-discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct for the
entire university and its many constituents; partnership with all OIE
subject matter experts, all campuses, the Wexner Medical Center, and all 88
counties of Ohio is critical. The Innovative Learning Solutions Consultant
will evaluate learning and development solutions that address current and
future goals of the university and align with the organization’s learning
The Innovative Learning Solutions Consultant serves as an ambassador for
the mission of OIE and the shared values of the institution. Ohio State is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ohio State does not discriminate on the
basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military
status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law,
in its education program or activity, which includes employment.
***This role is eligible for a flexible work schedule including virtual
work with varying hours and days of the week, if desired. However the
incumbent must be available for on-site meetings and standard hours of
Mon-Fri 8-5 as required to complete the essential job duties. All flexible
work schedules require pre-approval from the designated supervisor and are
subject to change based on business needs.
This position will be a 100% virtual position until university leadership
have implemented a return to campus plan.***
- Develops and implements innovative learning solutions to include
eLearning, performance support, virtual classroom and various technology to
support instructor-led learning
Brings best practices in digital, eLearning and virtual classroom to
Ohio State to include leading edge technology learning solutions such as
virtual reality and eLearning that has various levels of interactivity.
- Analyzes and applies innovative practices, using learning technology
and ISD models to create authentic, engaging learning experiences
- Creates visually impactful instructional graphics that tell compelling
stories, user interfaces and finished products aligned with the university
- Devises modes of assessment, such as tests, quizzes or surveys to
measure the effectiveness of the learning material
- Evaluates learning effectiveness to include all 4 levels of the
Kirkpatrick model with an emphasis on ROI using proven methodologies
- Manages OIE modules in BuckeyeLearn and manage questions and
communications with users
- Manages multiple learning projects independently in a fast-paced
To be successful in the essential duties, the Innovative Learning Solutions
- Leads learning teams of subject matter experts (e.g. Affirmative
Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Coordinator, Americans with
Disabilities Act Coordinator, Director of Intake & Investigations, Director
of Youth Protection, and Title IX Coordinator) and/or university leaders to
identify learning needs, instructional end goals and create content that
- Builds positive collaborative partnerships among stakeholders, college
and unit leaders, and peers enterprise-wide
- Shares and develops others in best practices and innovative learning
methods for instructional design and training program
- Benchmarks with other organizations to learn about best practices in
innovative digital learning strategies and tools
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education, business, or
2-5 years of experience with instructional system design and in-depth
knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Must have the ability to interact and build effective business
relationships with persons of various identities and backgrounds.
- The ability to negotiate or exchange ideas, information and opinions
with others to formulate content and programs and/or arrive jointly at
decisions, conclusions or solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on assignments
with minimal direction.
- Ability to perform effectively in environments with frequent workload
changes and competing demands
- Must be able to establish priorities which accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities. Prioritize assignments to
complete work in a timely manner.
- Must be able to take action when answers to a problem are not readily
- Must be able speak on a one-to-one basis or with a small group of
individuals using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information
and explain policies, procedures, etc. Requires the ability to read
documents, create content, and facilitate in the Standard English language.
- Master's degree in instructional design, education, business, or
related field or advanced certifications preferred.
- Expertise in accessibility.
- Experience developing assessment tools.
- 5+ years experience with developing and implementing best practices in
Salary range is $58,100-$65,000
[image: The Ohio State University]
*Molly Peirano, M.Ed.*
Director of Education & Engagement
Interim Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
St. John Arena, 410 Woody Hayes Dr., Columbus, OH 43210
614-247-4113 Office / 614-688-8605 TTY
peirano.9 at osu.edu / equity.osu.edu <https://equity.osu.edu/>
Pronouns: she/her/hers / Honorific: Miss
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3607 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the athen-list