[Athen] Pear Deck accessibility

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Mon Mar 1 10:35:15 PST 2021

So I was doing a volunteer job, not connected with my real job, helping a K12 classroom teacher.

She wants me to participate in this interactive google slide thing called a Pear Deck -
What are Pear Deck Slides?<https://help.peardeck.com/what-are-pear-deck-slides>

It seems very inaccessible and confusing to me, yet her class is set up for struggling readers, so I'm either missing something or it's just not screen reader friendly. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to simultaneously interact with my screen reader using this thing and interact with the class too. Is it keystroke accessible or am I wasting my time?

--Debee