[Athen] Searching for screen reader accessible scriptwriting software

Sean Loraas sloraas at austincc.edu
Tue Mar 2 15:23:37 PST 2021

Here's an interesting problem (so my first thought was to bring it here to
my ATHEN colleagues first): I'm searching for an alternative to the Celtx
scriptwriting/screenplay software <https://www.celtx.com/index.html> for a
student who uses JAWS in a *Writing for Radio TV and Film* course. The
student reports that the Celtx software being used isn't screen reader
friendly, and I wonder if anyone has ever heard of anything similar:
Screenplay/Scriptwriting software that can be accessed with a screen
reader.

Another angle: can anyone point me in the direction of screenplay writers
that are blind or low vision that may be able to suggest some
solutions, resources or helpful tools?

Any lead would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance for your
help. Your collective knowledge is power that barriers cannot withstand.
You are one of the most valuable resources that I constantly use, but I
rarely find an opportunity to express my gratitude for all you've taught
me. Thank you all who contribute! Stay safe!

[Austin Community College logo]

*Sean Loraas*

*Accessibility Technician**|**Alternative Text and Media*

*Austin Community College*

Email: sloraas at austincc.edu

*"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an
uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit." **- Helen
Keller*