[Athen] Qualitative research software

Adina Mulliken am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu
Fri Mar 12 09:33:13 PST 2021

HI Dawn,
Thank you that's very helpful! Can I ask what the student's disability is or what assistive technology they were using? Feel free to email me off list if you want--- am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu .
Adina

Adina Mulliken
Silberman School of Social Work and Urban Public Health Library
Hunter College, CUNY
Phone: will reply via phone or video chat upon request
Pronouns: she/her

Hi Adina,

I've recently been working with a Graduate student on Nvivo. She's relying heavily on shortcut options listed at http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/keyboard_shortcuts.htm.

I worked with her as someone who could help explain accessible ways to navigate while one of her college peers/supervisors helped us know which features she needed to access. There were a few items that weren't reading correctly but we were able to figure out alternative ways to access/input info. Like all programs, it's not fully accessible, but it was more accessible than I was expecting based on the interface I saw. She's just beginning to use the program so my experience is based on a very small portion of what I expect this application can do.

Dawn

Dawn Hunziker

IT Accessibility Consultant, Sr. | Disability Resources

The University of Arizona | hunziker at arizona.edu

drc.arizona.edu<http://drc.arizona.edu/> | itaccessibility.arizona.edu<http://itaccessibility.arizona.edu/>