[Athen] Extended Deadline - Job Posting - Communication Access Technical Consultant

Patrick Sweeney patrick.sweeney at wisc.edu
Wed May 12 08:21:55 PDT 2021

Good Morning,

The McBurney Disability Resource Center at the University of Wisconsin – Madison is seeking two dedicated professionals to join our Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Team for the next year. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates.

Our mission to lead the campus forward in access guides our daily work in classroom accommodations as well as our big picture work to create an inclusive campus environment for all. We are looking for candidates who have a solid foundation in technology, and problem-solving, and who are undeterred by working in a fast-paced, team-based environment.

The focus of these technology positions is planning, setting up, innovating, and troubleshooting the AV, instructional technology, applications, assistive technology, and computers used to deliver high quality communication access (via media captioning, live captioning, and interpreting) for in-person and remote instruction and campus events, while supporting (often in real-time) the students, captioning/interpreting service providers, instructors, and fellow team members. The team works to develop novel solutions to evolving technology, reduce barriers, promote access, and improve efficiency.

This position interacts with instructional technology at all levels, including hardware/software, planning, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, integration, and training.

Please share this job posting with your networks.

Review the posting and apply online<https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/508919/communication-access-technical-consultant>. (https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/508919/communication-access-technical-consultant)

We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.

Thank you,

Patrick

Patrick Sweeney

(he/him/his)