[Athen] reposting job description: Assistive Technology Specialist
(Program Coordinator I) for Rutgers Access and Disability Resources
Cindy.Poore-Pariseau at bristolcc.edu
Fri May 21 08:04:40 PDT 2021
All, if you know anyone looking to work with our exciting team, please send them this announcement:
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistive Technology Specialist (Program Coordinator I) for Rutgers Access and Disability Resources. The position coordinates assistive and learning technologies for students with disabilities at Rutgers and provides alternative format textbooks and course materials that work with the student’s individual technology needs at all Rutgers campuses.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Meets individually with students registered with the Office of Disability Services to evaluate the needs related to technological requirements and provides interventions and solutions for accessing course information, technologies and resources.
* Works with instructors, faculty, disability services personnel and students to determine potential accessibility obstacles related to coursework and determine appropriate reasonable accommodations and technology to address these barriers.
* Responsible for working with the campus community as needed to recommend appropriate hardware and software for student use.
* Responsible for maintenance and inventory of equipment.
* Recommends upgrades and updates for equipment software and hardware.
* Maintains status reports of textbook conversions.
* Keeps accurate records of projects.
* Ensures reasonable accommodation processes are timely and effective.
* Trains students with disabilities on equipment software, hardware, applications and technologies and training of student workers on the scanning of textbook and materials.
The position is full time. You can apply at: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/130853<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.rutgers.edu%2Fpostings%2F130853__%3B!!DZ3fjg!pBeFVb5YeLb-afGluQ-JS8hGJ7dloUl6bbaUxiktZwG-BrLT1PjhM0uJ9-8-LsbL6g%24&data=04%7C01%7Ccp803%40rbhs.rutgers.edu%7Cd3f5c600e22d4a07849208d91bb2fc44%7Cb92d2b234d35447093ff69aca6632ffe%7C1%7C0%7C637571277816808505%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=kwbvlQrpDzXApsxkf4NSPjZrmkpayhAKtjiTvR7lFvQ%3D&reserved=0>
Salary range: $48-55K
For questions reach out to Jason Khurdan at: jkhurdan at echo.rutgers.edu<mailto:jkhurdan at echo.rutgers.edu>
We are woven together, by whatever threads of life that have brought us here.
I don't know how, I don't know where . . . all I know is now. -Amy Grant
Cindy Poore-Pariseau, Ph. D.
Bristol Community College
Email: cindy.poore-pariseau at bristolcc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list