[Athen] The Zen of Venn: Disability, A Facet Of Lived Experience: 2O22 MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES CONFERENCE APRIL 11 & 12

Lissner, L. Scott lissner.2 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 23 14:46:43 PST 2021

THE ZEN OF VENN: DISABILTY, A FACET OF LIVED EXPERIENCE

[cid:image001.png at 01D7E092.12B02620]

The 21st Annual Multiple Perspective Conference at The Ohio State University
APRIL 11TH & 12TH 2022
(Conditions permitting we will meet in person, provisions will be made for presenters with travel restrictions)

The call for papers will be forthcoming, on or before year’s International Day of Persons With Disabilities, 12/03/2021
Celebrate by submitting a proposal

Hosted by the Office of Institutional Equity at the Ohio State University and supported by the generosity of Margaret Stanton and the Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation. As a modern land grant university, an important part of Ohio State’s mission is serving the wider community; to be a catalyst for positive change and a springboard for collaborations with and among our partners in education, business, non-profits, and government. Since 2000, each year the university’s ADA Coordinator has identified series of workshops and public events that provide a forum for expand our understanding of disability as integral to human experience and create opportunities to increase community resources through the synergy of collaboration. Please look at past conference programs<https://ada.osu.edu/multiple-perspectives-conference/past-conferences> and consider submitting a future session.

*Description from Alt Tag: A multicolored circular graphic giving the impression of a flower that depicts the multiple identities of individuals and their overlapping . 10 small circles, each a solid color surround a larger circle in the center comprised of all of the colors as overlapping translucent disks forming blended hues in the shape of petals. The labels for the10 small circles are DISABILTY, RACE, GENDER, EHNICITY, SEX & SEXUALITY, RELIGION, REGION, CLASS & CASTE, INCOME & WEALTH, AND "MANY OTHER IDENTITIES". The large central circle is labeled lived experience.Image adapted from: https://usu.instructure.com/courses/611062/pages/engaging-with-multiple-perspectives

[Block “0” Logo: The Ohio State University]
L. Scott Lissner,
Americans With Disabilities Act Coordinator and Section 504 Compliance Officer
Office of Institutional Equity

(614) 292-7024(v); (614) 688-8605<tel:(614)%20688-8605>(tty) (614) 688-3665<tel:(614)%20688-3665>(fax); Http://ada.osu.edu<http://ada.osu.edu/>

“The American story is about the slow, yet steady widening of opportunity. Make no mistake: too many dreams have been deferred for too long. We must make the promise of the country real for everybody — no matter their race, their ethnicity, their faith, their identity or their disability.”
— President-Elect Joe Biden, 11/7/20