[Athen] [EXTERNAL] - Using Pearson's MyLab IT with a screen reader

Russell Solowoniuk solowoniukr at macewan.ca
Fri Oct 1 14:58:22 PDT 2021

Hi Doug,

Yes, once I get into "Applications" mode, I can navigate the cells using the arrow keys, and JAWS announces which cell I am in, so that's not an issue. Also, I just read a bit of the Excel textbook being used in the course within MyLab IT, and was pleasantly surprised at the accessibility of the textbook. The figures have alt text, and also a "long Description" link which gives a really great description of the figure, so that's quite promising.

Thanks for your response. I agree that they should allow the task to be completed in whatever way it can be.

Cheers,

Russell