[Athen] Accessible MFA Tokens

Stephen Marositz smarositz at csudh.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:39:16 PDT 2021

Hello List

We at DH have turned on MFA (multifactor authentication) for both employees and students. For students with disabilities who cannot use tokens and who do not want to or cannot use a mobile device, do you have any suggestions for accessible alternatives? This is an area I am not super familiar with so any ideas you have would be extremely helpful. Here is what I've suggested so far.

Lending An iPod Touch or similar device with the app installed will read out with TTS (Text-to-speech). To my mind, this should be considered best practice in most cases because the user can customize the speech (rate and pitch), text size and contrast and other accessibility features.

SafeID/Audio
https://web.deepnetsecurity.com/authenticators/one-time-password/safeid/#iLightbox[4]/4

Feitian USB Security Key
https://www.ftsafe.com/products/FIDO

Thanks in advance.

Alex Marositz J.D. ATAC
Information Security and Compliance Office
Information Technology
California State University, Dominguez Hills
E: smarositz at csudh.edu<mailto:smarositz at csudh.edu>
https://www.csudh.edu/it/security-compliance/