[Athen] Sensus Access - what are the use-cases?

Matthew Deeprose M.Deeprose at soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 6 00:05:04 PDT 2022

Hi

Numerous educational institutions have both Sensus Access and Blackboard Ally. The main difference is that with Sensus Access anyone can request an alternative format of content they upload, whereas Blackboard Ally is about producing alternative formats of content uploaded by someone (usually an instructor) to an LMS course.
For those who have/use Sensus Access please could you share the use-cases and reasons for having it? I'm a little nervous it may be used as way to absolve institutional responsibility for ensuring suppliers such as publishers provide natively accessible content. So, I would love to hear how and why other institutions are using it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Matt

This email has been checked for accessibility. Want to know how to make your email accessible?<https://generic.wordpress.soton.ac.uk/digital-learning/2020/11/23/how-can-i-improve-accessibility-of-my-emails/>

Matthew Deeprose
He/Him/His<https://pronoun.is/he>
Digital Learning
iSolutions