[Athen] Question about speech to text program to read graphic novels

Charlotte Schiff-Norton cgs5 at stmarys-ca.edu
Wed Apr 20 11:21:45 PDT 2022

Hello All,

I am working on a graph novel for a student that needs it to be read to
them. I am using Kurzweil. Unfortunately Kurzweil is not a fan of this kind
of format for books and I am forced to do all the editing manually in
Kurzweil to make sure its reads it correctly.

I was wondering if there is any other program out there (perferble free)
that reads graphic novels better than Kurzweil?

Or is there another format I should be uploading into Kurzweil that would
read it better? At the moment I am using PDF files to upload to Kurzweil.

Thank you for your time and help.
Charlotte Schiff-Norton
she/her/hers
Saint Mary's College of California
Student Disability Services
<https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/student-disability-services>
Accessibility & Assistive Technology Coordinator
Office: (925) 631-5071
Email: cgs5 at stmarys-ca.edu