[Athen] AVA?

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:27:12 PDT 2022

NJ et al,

Find your original RFPs from the other company/ies you’ve done outside
contracts for captioning & send an identical one to AVA for a quote.
Include a sample for captioning. Compare with the quality, turnaround,
accuracy, steps needed at your end for any remediation, cost per minute,
etc.

I’m personally skeptical of anyone or any company that advertises 99%
accuracy with AI software. I’d like to have the company prove they can do
it without risking our students’ expected access. Comparing apples to
apples.

My thoughts. FWIW

Wink Harner

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 2:13 PM Normajean.Brand <normajean.brand at hccs.edu>
wrote:

> Friends,

> Has anyone had any experience with this product? I heard they were at the

> AHEAD conf this year, but I couldn’t go so… but our Director was told about

> it and wants to know more.

> I've looked at their website but I’m not convinced it’s any better than

> what we already have in place. Through Kaltura/Cielo, we can already get

> YouTube videos captioned pretty quickly, along with any home-grown videos

> and we also have a staff of CART and ASL we can deploy either online or on

> campus.

> https://www.ava.me

> TYIA for any insights.

> NJ

> *NJ Brand, **BAAS-Psych, **ATAC*

> (she/her/hers) <--- What Is This

> <https://assets2.hrc.org/files/assets/resources/HRC_ACAF_Pronouns_101_(1).pdf?_ga=2.91660819.84602280.1571755713-1618351664.1571755713>

> *ADA Tech/Assistive Technology Technician*, Center for Learning Innovation

> ● Spring Branch Campus ● Suite RC12/13 – Note: Working remotely,

> off-campus, until further notice

> ● T: 713.718.5604 ● F:713.718.5430 ● HCCS <http://hccs.edu/>

> <http://hccs.edu/> ● Counseling & Ability Services

> <https://www.hccs.edu/support-services/counseling/> ●

> *Accessibility and Inclusion are shared institutional responsibilities.

> #ally #highered #inclusion*

> Confidential - Do Not Copy or Distribute: This message may contain

> confidential information. It is intended only for the individuals(s) named

> herein. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email

> in error) please notify the sender immediately. This message may also be

> legally privileged. If you are not the named addressee(s), you must delete

> this email immediately. Do not disseminate, distribute, or copy.

Wink Harner Assistive Technology Consulting and Training Alternative Text
Production Portland OR. foreigntype at gmail.com 480-984-0034