[Athen] Publicate Newsletter tool

Top Tech Tidbits enews at toptechtidbits.com
Thu Dec 8 18:46:53 PST 2022

Hello Heather,

My name is Aaron Di Blasi and I am the Publisher for the Top Tech Tidbits (https://www.toptechtidbits.com/) and Access Information News (https://www.accessinformationnews.com/) weekly newsletters. While I cannot provide you with any direct information or experience around Publicate, specifically, I can share with you some of what we have learned in serving an accessible newsletter to a worldwide audience on a weekly basis. The most important thing to understand where newsletters are concerned is that “accessible” is not a Boolean value. It is instead a scale from 1 (completely inaccessible) to 10 (fully accessible and easy for AT users to use). And 10 is very difficult to achieve with any off-the-shelf email newsletter product that I know of today. Which is why we code our own. And incorporate feedback from AT users along the way. Using this process we have crafted an email newsletter template over the years that is not only fully accessible, but is also incredibly fast and easy for AT users to navigate. Something that you simply cannot achieve today without coding the email newsletter template yourself. That said, I fully realize that not everyone can entertain this possibility, but I wanted to mention it simply because it still provides an important frame of reference. We use the Constant Contact platform to serve all of our email newsletters using a custom coded template. Outside of custom, much of your email newsletter’s accessibility will be determined by the template you choose, which will have been created by your platform provider, and will almost certainly be unable to be edited by you. Which puts your accessibility at the mercy of the template you choose. And often finds you in the position of trying to make their template accessible through ticket submission. That, at least, has been our experience. I sincerely hope it helps in your search for an accessible email newsletter product.

Aaron Di Blasi, PMP

Publisher (2020-Present)

Top Tech Tidbits

The Week's News in Adaptive Technology

<https://toptechtidbits.com/> https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐

Publisher (2022-Present)

Access Information News

The Week's News in Access Information

<https://accessinformationnews.com> https://accessinformationnews.com 🌐

Sr. Project Management Professional (2006-Present)

Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd.

Innovative ideas. Solutions that perform.

<https://mvsltd.com/> https://mvsltd.com 🌐

<https://www.toptechtidbits.com/>

Email: <mailto:enews at toptechtidbits.com> enews at toptechtidbits.com

Subscribe: <https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe> https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe

Premium Subscriber: <https://toptechtidbits.com/premium> https://toptechtidbits.com/premium

Donate: <https://toptechtidbits.com/donate> https://toptechtidbits.com/donate

Facebook: <https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook> https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook

Twitter: <https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter> https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter

LinkedIn: <https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin> https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin

RSS Feed: <https://toptechtidbits.com/rss> https://toptechtidbits.com/rss

Sponsorship Information: <https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor> https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor

Archive Search: <https://toptechtidbits.com/search> https://toptechtidbits.com/search

A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication: <https://mvsltd.com/> https://mvsltd.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential information, which is privileged and protected from disclosure by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules, and regulations. This e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee only. If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal consequences. If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error, please delete the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.