[Athen] Kurzweil vs Texthelp? Or both?

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 11:59:27 PST 2022

NJ & ATHEN-ites,

it's pretty expensive to maintain licenses for both Kurzweil and Read &
Write. While I was working at Southern Oregon University, we decided to
switch from Kurzweil to Read & Write. We decided it was too much of a jolt
for students to have to learn a new learning enhancement software part of
the way through their academic career, so we grandfathered in students who
are currently using Kurzweil and gradually phased out the license over the
course of a couple of years.

Something to consider, in any case.
Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com
480-984-0034

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .