[Athen] Fwd: Disability Advocacy & Action Payan v. LACCD: Social Media Toolkit and More!

Krista Greear krista at inclusiveinstructionaldesign.com
Mon Feb 28 06:22:11 PST 2022

Forwarding from alt media listserv.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brianne Kennedy <bkennedy at sdccd.edu>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 6:25 PM
Subject: Disability Advocacy & Action Payan v. LACCD: Social Media Toolkit
and More!
To: <ALTMEDIA at listserv.cccnext.net>

Greetings Friends and Colleagues! (Apologies for cross-posts)

I am following up again with new Action Steps regarding Payan vs. LACCD. As
previously mentioned we are experiencing biggest threat to disability
rights in 40 years! Fighting for Disability Rights is an essential element
of our job (as educators, as professionals, as citizens) We must show up on
March 2nd either virtually or in person to tell LACCD Board of Trustees to
BACK OFF! I know that things are busy right now, but please commit to
supporting this, make room in your schedule, show up and SHARE. I have
included a link to a Complete Advocacy & Action Toolkit Google Drive
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EqA5igAasmMEyWs7MdqFMoGixUJNjXKb?usp=sharing>.
This Toolkit includes Disability Advocacy & Action Alert
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LQM8Zp6jQyo4JTgrGvzjrq9GMYXmtmqE/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115332594396993327096&rtpof=true&sd=true>,
Social Media Action Kit
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MfZYMJmRcNFeP5St1jh5SRxM7eOx_VBu/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115332594396993327096&rtpof=true&sd=true>,
Instructions on Making Public Comment at March 2nd Board of Trustees Meeting
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-pOTHQFyTqq1z5wIdNMtcJmCHqs2hrY/view?usp=sharing>
and more!

In Love & Action,

Bree Kennedy

DSPS Chair/Coordinator, San Diego City College

DSPS Statewide Advisory

CAPED Member

Krista Greear
Accessibility and Inclusivity Crusader