[Athen] Help with Hebrew Vocabulary with JAWS

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:17:44 PDT 2022

There is a specific language pack from Freedom Scientific for use with
Hebrew you can download. I would suggest talking to someone at FS and find
out which one will work best for you. Also ask what language settings the
computer needs to use, i.e., does it need to be set to read right to left?
Does the keyboard need to be set to Hebrew?

Wink Harner

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 10:03 AM Jennifer Ulrich <ulrichjm at emu.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> I have a colleague who is trying to help a blind student with Hebrew

> vocabulary. They have PDFs of needed text to use in JAWS but it seems like

> JAWS has trouble dealing with the Hebrew.

> Does anyone have any thoughts?

> thanks

> Jennifer Ulrich Technical Services Librarian

> Hartzler Library

> Eastern Mennonite University

> 540-432-4173

> emu.edu/library <https://emu.edu/design/email-signature/emu.edu/library>

> [image: [EMU Logo]]

Wink Harner Assistive Technology Consulting and Training Alternative Text
Production Portland OR. foreigntype at gmail.com 480-984-0034