[Athen] Ally for digital STEM course content

Matthew Deeprose M.Deeprose at soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 22:35:59 PST 2022

In my experience, Ally doesn’t offer much for STEM out of the box.

For example it won’t render content created using the Microsoft Equation editor at all, it just ignores it and doesn’t reproduce it in its alternate formats.

And in cases where you use superscript or subscript in standard text, for example kW = 103 W, Ally will render it as kW = 103 W in its alternative formats.

We’re working on creating a workflow to prepare files for example from a tex/Latex source into a format which will then perform well with Ally’s alternative formats.

Matt