[Athen] Revisiting the best program for creating MP3s

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:28:07 PDT 2022

Russell,

This open source app is an easy, straightforward way to convert text to MP3
files. Works in multiple languages, variety of voices available, as well as
a very decent TTS app: Balabolka.

Here’s how to convert to MP3 with Balabolka:
https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/students/doc/Balabolka_Guidance.pdf

And a link to download from the open source site:
http://cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm

Wink Harner

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 3:36 PM Russell Solowoniuk <solowoniukr at macewan.ca>
wrote:

> Hi George,

> Thanks so much for your quick response. Yes, the PDF was first created in

> Word, but we're not sure the original Word version is still available. Just

> a quick question. We want MP3s, so why would we first want to convert to

> ePub? Is it easier to create MP3s from ePubs? I'll have a look at that link

> first thing next week. This is probably something that will not need to be

> done till next fall, so your idea sounds promising.

> Thanks again,

> Russell

Wink Harner Assistive Technology Consulting and Training Alternative Text
Production Portland OR. foreigntype at gmail.com 480-984-0034