[Athen] Revisiting the best program for creating MP3s

tristenbreitenfeldt at gmail.com tristenbreitenfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:09:37 PDT 2022

Hi Russell,

If you already have OpenBook 9.0 (from Freedom Scientific), you can do this
quite easily. Simply open the pdf in OpenBook, then open the file menu and
select Save as audio. The program will generate an mp3 audio file using the
selected TTS voice and save it in the location you selected. Then, you can
play the mp3 using your preferred media player. It is really easy to do.

I do not have Kurzweil, but I'd guess that it has similar functionality for
saving pdf files as audio.

Hope that helps.

Tristen Breitenfeldt

<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>