[Athen] Kindle question

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Sun Sep 11 14:59:09 PDT 2022

One of my low-vision students who does read visually with magnification needs a textbook that I found on Amazon.
However it says:

>This title is not supported on Kindle E-readers or Kindle for Windows 8 app.

And it's called an "E-Textbook". What the heck does that mean? It's a Pearson book and I'm expecting to have to fight with Pearson to get it for him. We already know that the paperback has print that's too small for him to read. And though he can use a video magnifier (CCTV) it's much easier for him to zoom a PDF.

Does anyone know what an amazon "E-Textbook" is and where and how it can be read?

--Debee