[Athen] Upcoming accessibility poll from Educause

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 8 12:13:13 PDT 2023

Hello ATHEN colleagues,

I would like to call your attention to an upcoming poll that will be distributed very soon from Educause and the IT Accessibility Community Group. This survey will ask for responses regarding perceptions and practices of digital accessibility in higher education. The poll will only be open from August 12 to August 15 and the goal is to get as many accessibility professionals as possible to respond in this timeframe.

Details for the Educause Quick Poll are below. A notification will be sent out when the Quick Poll opens later this week.

Thank you,
Sean

----------------

Dear Colleagues

We will be distributing a 'Quick Poll' in the next week about Digital Accessibility at Higher Education institutions. We would appreciate your assistance in helping us distribute it widely to get a broad representation of participants. It is designed to be short, taking approx 5 minutes to complete. The intended audience(s) includes:

1. Those working in technology accessibility or accommodations offices on campuses
2. Anyone working in technology in higher ed - so share widely with others on your campuses too

When: August 12-15, 2023. The survey is a 'Quick Poll' so it will not be open long. It will close the afternoon of Tue Aug 15 (Eastern Time).

Where: Link distributed via Educause and I can provide a follow up note with the link when it's available, I expect to have it by Friday Aug 11.

Results: Results of the survey will be shared widely. Early results will be distributed by Educause a week after the survey closes. Webinars and sessions at upcoming accessibility-focused conferences are in the works.

Contact: Further questions or inquiries? Contact the Co-Chairs of the Educause IT Accessibility Community Group<https://www.educause.edu/community/it-accessibility-community-group> who are coordinating this effort.

* Kyle Shachmut - Director, Digital Accessibility at Harvard University (kyle_shachmut at harvard.edu<mailto:kyle_shachmut at harvard.edu>)
* Eudora Struble - Director , Technology Accessibility at Wake Forest University (strublej at wfu.edu<mailto:strublej at wfu.edu>)

Thank you so much for your participation, distribution and support!

Cheers,
-Kyle-