[Athen] Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020

Karen McCall K4mccall at outlook.com
Fri Dec 1 06:01:21 PST 2023

Morning!

You can go to Edit > Preferences and turn off updates.

Is it the new user interface that you don't want to use?

Foxit has its issues. A major one is that not all tag attributes are supported in its reader for screen reader testing. For example, attributes on the <Span> tag for changes in language or acronyms.

I also find that there are some tools that seem to be missing that I have in Acrobat. I can't think of one at the moment, but when I do training and look for a tool that I have access to in Acrobat, it is not there in Foxit.

Avoid at all costs Kofax PowerPDF. It will only generate <P>, <Figure> and the odd <Table> tags. Nothing else, even if the document you start with has been created to be accessible. The Kofax application doesn't recognize any structure in a document other than the tags I mentioned.

Cheers, Karen