[Athen] Blink learning/Klett World Languages/Proyectos Accessibility

Emily Dean edean at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Feb 17 07:07:40 PST 2023

Dear Athens members,

We are seeking to connect with colleagues or institutions who tested or
have experience assessing the accessibility for the online Spanish
textbook, Proyectos (https://klettwl.com/store/proyectos), offered through
Klett World Languages. Klett World Languages provides an accessibility
statement web page (
https://klettwl.com/meet-us/know-the-company/accessibility-statement/), but
we have been unable to obtain a VPAT for Proyectos.

The primary platform used to deliver Proyectos is called BlinkLearning. We
would also welcome experience/results with any EIT accessibility testing
performed on the BlinkLearning platform (
https://www.blinklearning.com/portal/home). We haven’t found an
accessibility statement for them.

In particular, we are seeking results of any accessibility testing
conducted for screen reader users. Just based on our preliminary review,
we see the potential for concern.

Any experiences anyone is able or willing to share would be very much
appreciated.

--

*Emily Dean, M.Ed, MFA **| she/her/hers*
*Technology Access Coordinator*