[Athen] Curious questions for Friday afternoon...

Normajean.Brand normajean.brand at hccs.edu
Fri Feb 17 11:14:27 PST 2023

Undoubtedly, many of you have now heard of ChatGPT/OpenAI, and if you haven’t, I’m sure you will be shortly.

How many of you are now enmeshed in conversations regarding ChatGPT (aka generative AI) on your campuses, and faculty embracing the idea of it or having meltdowns (cheating, etc.)?

I’m also wondering how many colleges have already implemented some form of generative AI whether in your Student Services areas or even used by faculty and in what capacities?

I heard Provost say in a recent webinar regarding ChatGPT, that “Any tool can used for good, or misused for bad.” I agree. I’m kinda excited to see how generative AI can help people with communication challenges, and others with a variety of challenges as well. In many ways, we are all already using some form of AI - Siri, Alexa, ‘chat boxes’ on many websites that stand in for live assistants, etc.

Thoughts?
NJ

NJ Brand, (she/her/hers; Dyslexic, ADHD, PsA, Fibro, Migraine- Let’s destigmatize disabilities!)
BAAS-Psych, ATAC, ADA Tech/Assistive Technology Technician, Center for Learning Innovation
● Spring Branch Campus ● Suite RC12/13 ● T: 713.718.5604 ● F:713.718.5430
Accessibility and Inclusion are shared institutional responsibilities. #ally #highered #inclusion
[Houston Community College logo]<http://www.hccs.edu/>

Confidential - Do Not Copy or Distribute: This message may contain confidential information. It is intended only for the individuals(s) named herein. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender immediately. This message may also be legally privileged. If you are not the named addressee(s), you must delete this email immediately. Do not disseminate, distribute, or copy.