[Athen] VoiceThread Captions

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at arizona.edu
Fri Feb 24 10:05:29 PST 2023

Hi all,

If you are captioning VoiceThread recordings and would like to add your voice to requesting a fix for the issue described below, please reply!

The process to request 3rd party captions for VoiceThread videos is tedious. If an instructor places a PowerPoint slidedeck in VoiceThread and presents using VoiceThread, you have to view each slide to request captions. And, if there's a project with student responses, whew!

We reached out to VoiceThread and received a general answer as "we'll fix this down the road." I'd like to push this topic up higher on their roadmap since we need to hire additional staff just to handle captioning of this content because of the time involved in simply going through the content.

Also, if you'd like to discuss our process so you can learn more, we'd be happy to chat.

Thanks,

Dawn

[The University of Arizona block 'A' logo.]
Dawn A Hunziker
Associate Director
Disability Resource Center
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA

Highland Commons, D207
1224 E. Lowell St. | Tucson, AZ 85721
Office: 520-626-9409 |
hunziker at arizona.edu<mailto:hunziker at arizona.edu>

IT Accessibility: itaccessbility.arizona.edu
drc.arizona.edu<https://drc.arizona.edu/>
Note: If you are receiving this email outside of your typical working hours or while you are out of the office, I hope you feel no pressure to respond until your workload and schedule permit.