[Athen] International Ally User Group – 27 July 2023

Matthew Deeprose M.Deeprose at soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 01:20:24 PDT 2023

Join us in the July meeting of the International Ally User Group. We’ll find out how one university is working with students to correct video captions. We’ll also learn how three institutions took part in “Fix your content day” and learn their strategies for encouraging staff participation. Join us on Thursday 27 July 2023 at 07:00 PDT / 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST/ 16:00 CEST / 17:00 TRT / 18:00 GST.

Session synopses

Students as video caption editors
David Morgan, Digital Education Developer, University of Bristol
In this session, David will discuss some of the evolving strategies used to develop The University of Bristol’s captioning service, to get closer to meeting accessibility regulations.
He will reflect upon his experiences of employing both undergraduate and postgraduate student caption editors and compare them with a professional caption editing service.

Fix Your Content Day – Updates from the Winners
In this session, the winners from the Ally Fix Your Content Day (FYCD) event will share the approaches their institutions took to this event.
They will explain how they support FYCD, encouraged their faculty to participate and reflect on their success.
- Coastal Pines Technical College
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College
- Ogeechee Technical College

Find sign-up and joining details on the Ally Community site: https://usergroup.ally.ac/content/perma?id=59789