[Athen] New default font in Microsoft 365

Karen McCall K4mccall at outlook.com
Fri Jul 14 08:53:44 PDT 2023

Afternoon Everyone!
The new default font replaces Calibri and Cambria.
It is Atpos and Atpos Serif.
I've tried it as Atpos Serif because I can read serif fonts better than sans-serif.
The text is smaller!
I tried it at my default font size of 12 point. Both the Atpos and Atpos Serif are smaller than Calibri or Cambria.
https://medium.com/microsoft-design/a-change-of-typeface-microsofts-new-default-font-has-arrived-f200eb16718d
Just a heads up as you'll start to see this as the default if you haven't modified your Normal Style in Word with your font preference.
As a personal note, I find either Atpos font difficult to read with my magnifying glasses. At 12 point, I had to turn on magnifier or my screen reader. I usually use my magnifying glasses for spot checks so would need to change my default to 14 point/more readable or stay with Cambria/Calibri.
Cheers, Karen