[Athen] Credly Badges

Karen McCall K4mccall at outlook.com
Mon Jun 5 07:18:32 PDT 2023

Morning Everyone!
A while ago I asked the group how important it might be to have micro-credentials" or badges for professional development activities.
Well, I jumped into it after careful reflection.
Karlen Communications - Badges - Credly<https://www.credly.com/organizations/karlen-communications/badges>
If anyone wants to know how successful this venture is as I go along, please e-mail me off-list. It is a new area of professional development "validation" and I'm not sure how successful it will be. The Ontario government is "all in" on these micro-credentials but there doesn't seem to be a framework except in the EU. I also notice that many colleges and universities offer these types of badges.
At the recent Guelph Accessibility Conference, there was interest in getting a badge for attending a session.
As I say, we'll see how it goes and I'm willing to share anything I learn from this experience!
Cheers, Karen