[Athen] Accessibility PDF Help

chagnon at pubcom.com chagnon at pubcom.com
Tue Jun 13 12:41:15 PDT 2023

Hi Daniel, and welcome to the community!

There’s quite a bit to learn about making accessible PDF forms, beginning with how to make an accessible PDF, and then adding the forms and making the whole enchilada accessible.

Takes more time than a phone call, that’s for sure <grin>.

Here are some excellent courses you might consider:

* Karen McCall’s accessible PDFs and accessible Forms classes at https://www.karlencommunications.com/products.htm

* Bevi Chagnon’s live courses at www.PubCom.com <http://www.PubCom.com> .

* Adobe’s freebies on PDF accessibility are decent, but don’t cover everything. But still worthwhile https://adobe.lookbookhq.com/acrobataccessibility

* The AHG conference in November most likely will have some sessions on accessible PDFs and forms. https://accessinghigherground.org/

—Bevi

— — —

Bevi Chagnon | Designer, Accessibility Technician | Chagnon at PubCom.com <mailto:Chagnon at PubCom.com>

— — —

PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing

consulting • training • development • design • sec. 508 services

Upcoming classes at www.PubCom.com/ <http://www.pubcom.com/classes> classes

— — —

Latest blog-newsletter <https://mailchi.mp/e694edcdfadd/class-discount-3266574> – Simple Guide to Writing Alt-Text <https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_07-20/alt-text_part-1.shtml>