[Athen] Corrected due date: June 28 is the last day to submit 2nd-Round proposals for Accessing Higher Ground 2023

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 19:55:05 PDT 2023

Howard,

Do you recommend we resubmit the AT proposal with a shorter (3hr) time slot
for the pre-conference or redo it and submit a new one? I’m pretty
confident Leyna and I can manage the material in a 3 hr. slot with a
regular scheduled session rather than request a double session during the
main conference.

Will be glad to do it either way.

Let me know!!

Wink

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 5:07 PM Howard Kramer <hkramer at ahead.org> wrote:

> *Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference –

> November 6 – 10, 2023*

> 2nd-Round Proposal Deadline: June 28

> Besides 1 and 2-hr main conference sessions, we are also looking for 3-hr

> or 6-hr pre-conference proposals. (6-hr pre-con speakers receive a waiver

> of conference fees. Contact the conference organizer <ahg at ahead.org> for

> more details).

> The following range of topics, for the pre- or main conference are of

> particular interest:

> · Braille/Blindness

> · Library Collaborations

> · Professional Development

> · Assistive Technology

> · Universal Design for Learning

> · Artificial Intelligence

> · Captioning

> Use the online speaker proposal form

> <https://accessinghigherground.org/speaker-proposal-form/> to submit your

> proposal. Additional speaker information can be found on the AHG website

> <https://accessinghigherground.org/speaker-info/>.

> Discounts:

> · Out of state speakers receive a 10% discount on registration

> · ATHEN and AHEAD members receive an additional discount

> · Pre-con speakers receive 50% discount for 3-hr sessions and 100%

> waiver for full-day workshops

> View last year’s sessions

> <https://accessinghigherground.org/schedule-2022/#cs_2022-11-16> to get a

> sense of the typical agenda and range of topics.

> If you have any questions about proposal submission, contact Howard Kramer

> at 720-351-8668 or at the email below.

> e-mail: ahg at ahead.org

> Conference URL: http://accessinghigherground.org/

> --

> Regards,

> Howard

> Howard Kramer

> AHG Conference Director

> Accessing Higher Ground

> cell: 720-351-8668

> Sign up to access the recordings from the *2022 Accessing Higher

> Ground Conference

> <https://accessinghigherground.org/2022-post-conference-resources/>.*

> Sign up to our mailing list to receive announcements

> <https://accessinghigherground.org/about/#Join_Our_Mailing_List>.

> Complete program information and registration is open for AHEAD's full

> line-up of Spring 2023 webinars

> <https://www.ahead.org/events-programming/webinars/2023-spring-webinars>.

> Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.

> <http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*

Wink Harner Assistive Technology Consulting and Training Alternative Text
Production Portland OR. foreigntype at gmail.com 480-984-0034