[Athen] STEM Accessibility Story - University of Arizona

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at arizona.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:09:38 PST 2023

Hi all,

I wanted to share this story that our local newspaper, the Arizona Daily Star, published Sunday: Accessible curriculum helps blind U of A student ace chem course<https://tucson.com/news/local/education/accessible-curriculum-helps-blind-u-of-a-student-ace-chem-course/article_743afc5c-b86e-11ed-ab45-6732c4e564cc.html>.

This was an awesome experience and I'm happy I was part of this student's journey for completing this course.

I've since used this collaboration to encourage more Accessible STEM opportunities at the University of Arizona and am also connecting this with the work ATHEN is leading for this area.

Happy Wednesday!

Dawn

[The University of Arizona block 'A' logo.]
Dawn A Hunziker
Associate Director
Disability Resource Center
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA

Highland Commons, D207
1224 E. Lowell St. | Tucson, AZ 85721
Office: 520-626-9409 |
hunziker at arizona.edu<mailto:hunziker at arizona.edu>

IT Accessibility: itaccessbility.arizona.edu
drc.arizona.edu<https://drc.arizona.edu/>
Note: If you are receiving this email outside of your typical working hours or while you are out of the office, I hope you feel no pressure to respond until your workload and schedule permit.