[Athen] My opinion on Bookshare

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Tue Oct 31 12:12:23 PDT 2023

Thanks for sharing, Josh! Am I correct in hearing that your team helped develop this tool for LibreText? That's cool!

I wish that Pressbooks was able to figure out how to include an accessibility checker inside their platform, but as of my meeting today with a Product Manager, no such luck. It has to do with their company's decision to stay on Pressbooks TinyMCE instead of Gutenberg, ironically, for accessibility reasons.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

•Email: molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • Phone: 360-704-3922

The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.

Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature> Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>