[Athen] MathType Alternative?

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 14:50:55 PDT 2023

$57.50 is not unreasonable at all for a software this professional and
powerful. They have a discount for academics. They have versions for server
install, cloud based/by subscription, and hard copy (disc version).

I would suggest having the department chair or IT get in touch with the
sales manager at WIRIS and find out what sort of pricing discount you could
get for X # of licenses, a campus license (making it available to staff and
students as well as your office), and find out options for best pricing.
There are some options available. EquatIO is good but not nearly as robust
and practical over all for the production of mathematical formulas &
equations as MathType is.

I get no kickback for this PSA ;>)

Wink
Wink Harner
Assistive Technology Consulting and Training
Alternative Text Production
Portland OR.

foreigntype at gmail.com