[Athen] Fwd: Call for Speakers: University of Minnesota Global Accessibility Awareness Day Virtual Event

Luke Kudryashov kudry003 at umn.edu
Wed Jan 10 11:12:28 PST 2024

Dear ATHEN community,

The University of Minnesota is hosting a virtual event to celebrate the
annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) <https://z.umn.edu/gaad>
on Thursday, May 16, 2024. This year’s theme is “Built Without Barriers” to
highlight ways we can write content, create websites, and build our
organization to remove barriers for people with disabilities. Last year we
had over 460 individuals register and it was a very successful event where
people shared their successes and learning opportunities.

We invite passionate and knowledgeable individuals to contribute as
speakers. Your insights and experiences are invaluable, and we believe they
will greatly enrich our event.

*Speaker Benefits:*

In recognition of your valuable contribution, we plan to offer speaker
honorariums. We are finalizing the budget so cannot share yet what that
might look like.

*How to Apply:*

Complete the *GAAD 2024 Speaker Interest Form*
<https://forms.gle/t8j3HSDYK1ffMvuw9> by February 9, 2024.

Please share this call for speakers within your network. We are looking for
diverse perspectives that can shed light on various aspects of
accessibility and inclusivity.

For any inquiries or further information, reach out to us at
gaad-conference at umn.edu.

Thank you for considering this opportunity to make a difference. We look
forward to potentially collaborating with you for GAAD 2024.

Warm regards,

Global Accessibility Awareness Day Planning Committee

University of Minnesota