[Athen] International Ally User Group – 28 March 2024 - Gaining and measuring staff "buy-in" for accessibility

Matthew Deeprose M.Deeprose at soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 01:09:50 PST 2024

[With apologies for cross-posting]

How can we gain and measure academic buy-in and advocacy for digital accessibility?

Join us in the International Ally User Group on Thursday 28 March 2024 at 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST / 15:00 GMT / 16:00 CET / 18:00 TRT / 19:00 GST to learn from one university’s approach.

Note different start time for those affected by the change to daylight savings time from 10 March in some areas.

# Session synopsis
## Measuring the impact of the Faculty Accessibility Fellows program at SUNY Oswego

Rebecca Mushtare, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, Professor of Art and Design
Michele Thornton, Associate Professor of Healthcare Administration

State University of New York at Oswego

“SUNY Oswego Faculty Accessibility Fellows commit to a calendar year of accessibility training, revise their own courses to be more accessible and inclusive, and advocate for access and inclusion practices on campus and within their disciplines.

In this presentation, we’ll share details of the program and how we’ve begun to measure the impact it has had on participants, the institution, and beyond with alumni interviews and Ally data in Brightspace.”

Find sign-up and joining details on the Ally Community site: https://usergroup.ally.ac/content/perma?id=62140

Take care

Matthew Deeprose
Accessible Solutions Architect