[Biostudent] Environmental Health, School of Public Health Undergrad & Grad Info Sessions!

janetjg at uw.edu janetjg at uw.edu
Fri Apr 1 13:56:37 PDT 2022

Please share the message below with your students who are interested in
environmental public health! I'll also be hosting an information session
about our graduate degrees on April 27, 2022 from 4:00-5:00PM via Zoom.

Here are some other campus events that I'll be attending in Spring quarter:

Graduate School Fair for University of Washington programs on Wednesday,
April 20th, 2022, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Purple & Gold Resource Fair on April 14 from 9am-10am

Feel free to direct students to an info session or to my drop-in hours every
Tuesdays from 1-3pm via zoom <https://washington.zoom.us/j/530266799> .

Thank you,

Janet
=======

Bachelors of Science in Environmental Health
School of Public Health
Spring Quarter Application Deadline: April 15, 2022

The Environmental Health major is for students who love science, and who are
passionate about using their scientific skills to address human health
issues related to the built and natural environments. From water quality to
workplace safety, environmental health majors are engaged in problem solving
to keep communities safe and healthy.

How to Apply: The Environmental Health major is a minimum requirements
major, which means all students who meet the minimum requirements and can
complete the degree within UW's maximum time frame will be admitted. The
online application can be accessed through our website at
https://deohs.washington.edu/applying-major

Information Sessions: Learn more about the Environmental Health major at an
upcoming online information session.
https://washington.zoom.us/j/96095470482 (zoom link for all undergrad info
sessions)

2022.04.06
11:30AM-12:20PM

2022.04.21
11:30AM-12:20PM

2022.05.12
2:30-3:20PM

Explore Environmental Health: Read about the internships, research, and
careers of some of our current students and alumni:

* Read about our career pathways and explore where your BS in
Environmental Health degree can take you!
<https://deohs.washington.edu/undergraduate/career-pathways> Career Pathways
in Environmental Health
* Read about what our students are up to in their jobs and internships
and learn more about careers in Environmental and Occupational health in the
Departmental Careers and Internship Blog HERE
<https://sites.uw.edu/deohsinternships/> .
* Check out what Environmental Health alumni are up to at the Alumni
Profiles page <https://deohs.washington.edu/alumni-profiles> .
* Read the latest environmental and occupational health stories from
the department in the departmental blog at Health
<https://deohs.washington.edu/hsm-blog> and Safety Matters.

Questions?
* Schedule a zoom or phone appointment at
https://deohs.washington.edu/prospective-and-current-student-advising
* Contact us at ehug at uw.edu <mailto:ehug at uw.edu>
* Virtual drop-in hours every Tuesdays from 1-3pm via zoom:
https://washington.zoom.us/j/530266799

Best Regards,
Janet Hang

Janet Hang
(She/Her/Hers)
Counseling Services Coordinator
Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences
<http://deohs.washington.edu/prospective-and-current-student-advising>
Schedule an Advising Appointment
Drop-in Hours: Every Tuesdays from 1-3pm via zoom
https://washington.zoom.us/j/530266799

<mailto:Hangj2 at uw.edu> Hangj2 at uw.edu | 206-543-0049
Hans Rosling Center for Population Health, Box 351618
3980 15th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195

The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands
within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations