[Biostudent] NSF-sponsored international research opportunity in Japan for Biology students

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Wed Aug 31 13:52:48 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

Kindly share this NSF-sponsored international research opportunity with your science students (Bachelor, Master, PhD).

We are currently recruiting our second cohort of molecular biology students for NSF’s International Research Experiences for Students (IRES) in Japan (NSF Award #1952513). The program will take place from May 15, 2023–July 14, 2023, with pre-departure online meetings during Spring 2023. Students will participate in a on-site orientation in Japan for the first week followed by eight weeks of research in a laboratory at the National Institute of Genetics, National Institute of Basic Biology, or Institute of Transformative Bio-Molecules (ITbM) at Nagoya University. The program provides airfare and lodging, as well as a $5000 stipend. Please see the attached flier and visit our website for more information and application instructions. ( <https://montclair.studioabroad.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=59826> https://montclair.studioabroad.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=59826)

Informational Webinars

* Thursday, Sept. 8th from 4-5pm EST. Register here <https://montclair.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElcu6grTgiGdfPf-Fon_vFJs0KNTP6BV2B> . You will be sent a Zoom link after registering.

* Tuesday, Oct. 4th from 8-9pm EST. Register here <https://montclair.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwvduCspj0vGtCP9F-294chBCXnyuzz5In1> . You will be sent a Zoom link after registering.

For further information, contact Dr. Carlos Molina, molinac at montclair.edu <mailto:molinac at montclair.edu>