[Biostudent] Special Event with World-Renowned Humanitarian : You are invited!

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Wed Jun 1 10:39:27 PDT 2022

Hi!

This is Kriti. I am a Biology student at UW. I am reaching out to you as the President of the wellness and mental-health RSO SKY at UW. For several years, our RSO has been hosting wellness events and retreats including meditation, breathwork, emotional intelligence, social connection, and service leadership thus supporting the well-being of students, staff and faculty at UW.

On June 18th, our RSO SKY at UW is hosting a special event in collaboration with UW Medicine Department of Radiology - where we are inviting global humanitarian and peace ambassador <https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1AMCwphlziFhxG9NOx2dlWduhYAcI_2hkrJ2mZciXvRqHWsYYgQEj4P-ucQuE9MRLW2qAtJBPyApBr2xtPTckIJkdrDolwhxepLpIBMoewwWUH8qkn88IduJy2BAMwhTFFxnEmD9GKsw> Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

This will be an interactive session on cultivating emotional resilience and balance.

Please find more details about the speaker and the event, below. As we have a limited number of seats, we request you to save your spot <https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1asAuGRYB_SS4upZr3mvH5yozEYWUL1vB0OC_LtBZt2uJWsYYgQG_SxVxBcofRqqwGPxFTfktVnuxeFjARFwjqpwewAXW6yhf1piRPJ-hh-URu4cjNvUKf6_aqIl72hdxTCU133YNnA> here.

<https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1tLmIFc0Sdh6IO8JgDGaqrHFDlJYbbUZSSjrDmnmHQFiKWsYYgQHQlFXVGPRWL9jBHbkePpjpsCaFAQiUHxtpRjhxWdyUbXlLNHjb-4nzefK-ARWqUvAjN5aGCG7WwGXc4qycXktKqQ> Save your spot here

>From my wellness to yours,

Sincerely,

Kriti Bhardwaj

(UW Biology student)

<https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1XcSCNvPokM1mWiD9-DwtPXwXZkiH0Amfnxwd6iOpmLiMWsYYgQF3t0xnTuVz4G51MjE_kXw6UHNqIEt2bsZcrPBAjxupYf2Z6-4tsIHCFB6gv6_DpOHRx6zvNMJHSd3Zo6wceRMO5Hzs>

Have you noticed how campus life can become chaotic between exams, writing a thesis or a grant, and making an impact? When as many as 44% of college students and staff report symptoms of depression and anxiety, finding inner peace and calm amidst the chaos has never been more important.

Join in this event for an interactive session on managing the mind and building emotional resilience from none other than a world-renowned humanitarian and global peace leader, Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. The event also includes meditation, wisdom and Q&A with Gurudev.

Venue: Kane Hall, UW Seattle

Date/ Time: June 18th, 11 am - 12:15 pm PST

<https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1V8ku13arAXr_xYOAyrHj1_7FVzK8iOwYpFt3wEtoLqCOWsYYgQGpTGF-Spk8wCqQ5K8utf3E1SUheA3eVH9N7DcxL6-Jf72B5l9rcHCSlLvp85iaDxR-X11lzGqTIhLKGd7mjjwnViOa> Save your spot !

<https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1y2T5aai-v8EUHjno_gdeKdDyIzWzi5uE6Tqp-acCsP6QWsYYgQHtDYP7TFWmpAw_aAWkrKoe33jcurJRN9UcJTzz78F5qTk-_B_cCDZbpCMfJIqwki5Q3pwDuKXojKSx5hSk8cbux9bK>

About the speaker

Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a global humanitarian, spiritual leader and peace envoy who has been teaching breath-based meditation techniques for health and well-being for more than 40 years to millions of people across 156+ countries. Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has captured the hearts and minds of millions around the world through his meditations, breathing techniques and wisdom.

His approach blends ancient Vedic wisdom with modern sensibility for a new paradigm of leadership and living – a stress-free, violence-free society. Millions of individuals worldwide have experienced calm, found peace, and inner resilience in the face of adversity through his programs. Research on Gurudev’s SKY Breath Meditation technique finds that it benefits mental health and well-being while reducing stress, anxiety, depression and trauma. Transformed individuals not only excel in their own life, but become powerful agents for social change. He is an icon of non-violence and seeks global peace through service and fostering human values.

Gurudev believes inner peace is the key to peace in the world outside. He has progressed peace in conflict-stricken areas such as Sri Lanka, Iraq, Venezuela and Colombia. As a tireless ambassador of Peace, Gurudev has delivered his message of peace to the United Nations, The European Parliament, The World Economic Forum, as well as universities such as Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Georgetown, and the University of Southern California.

<https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1PupUf_l42gWoT_wTFqjnsFdbniDx_sBRjBSRPB9a5i6SWsYYgQF0gl3oYBgNPt3DTW_LuX2RfRZIuDvyCk-ChVsIRtrFmTeKjOoSUKXJP9dhTDPD20vbAtOUDO4v0Eb3_euSN7ZNbdQE>

<https://kritib99-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/1d0LEE-HiHeylbYv7kTdLhxVKXwiowlS3he2CDa8GUxCBWsYYgQGqMMVnnpQDK-MMeG19pBP-227gu6FcEPNrSpAS1TH9lu5Tf9GJz7ZM0kQiDZYMJPMRd4A>