[Biostudent] You’re invited to the 25th Undergraduate Research Symposium

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Wed May 4 10:37:23 PDT 2022

Subject: You’re invited to the 25th Undergraduate Research Symposium

2 weeks to go as we count down to the 25th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium

<http://discover.uw.edu/v/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFkf4amyk528CAU_NrLxdwz1W9ac1dOVaX3JB9R4RzlQKLG60gBB6pPi37AB8eGyFL1U=> View the web version of this message

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFl2gynAlj7OqxbOK3wfDyzMvfqrCd1qFn5jeAWHZ6AOi53CxNxbU2XDAsFgtANc5HfM=>

UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PROGRAM
Undergraduate Academic Affairs

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFm44Ej9HC-NciMRR4dih2JPpPtndTRh06MJke8RgobuEfHTm7mIvpxg6FCvDmW_6dAU=>

Celebrating Undergraduate research, scholarship and creative work

We are pleased to invite you to the University of Washington’s 25th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium! This Symposium marks a quarter-century of inspiring presentations by undergraduates and unwavering support from the UW community.

After hosting the Symposium virtually for the past two years, students will present their work both in-person and online through oral and poster presentations, as well as virtual lightning talks.

More than 700 students from all three UW campuses will present their research in a wide-range of disciplines — from astronomy to visual arts, international studies to psychology, anthropology to bioengineering and just about everything in between.

_____

May 20, 2022
9:30 a.m. Virtual presentations begin
11:00 a.m. In-person Welcome in Mary Gates Hall
Registration recommended | Free and open to the public

_____

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFsLQQ06ldSeaaS32lOiX5_NfTXXB32vVdwcTbTLVvDI2k3CC40Atl5iInh2JqkLxDTw=> REGISTER TODAY

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFsLQQ06ldSeaaS32lOiX5_NfTXXB32vVdwcTbTLVvDI2k3CC40Atl5iInh2JqkLxDTw=>

<https://explore.uw.edu/rs/131-AQO-225/images/Quote%20Marks%20Open.png>

I can’t wait to attend my first ever in-person research event to present my research and to learn more about other cutting-edge research taking place on our campus!

-2022 Symposium Presenter-

<https://explore.uw.edu/rs/131-AQO-225/images/Quote%20Marks%20Close.png>

SUMMARY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

9:30–11:00 a.m.
Virtual Lightning Talks Session 1, online via Zoom

11:00 a.m.
Event Welcome from UW Provost and Executive Vice President Mark Richards and Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Academic Affairs Ed Taylor
Outstanding Research Mentor Awardees Announcement

11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Poster Presentation Session 1, MGH

12:00–1:30 p.m.
Virtual Lightning Talks Session 2, online via Zoom

1:00–2:30 p.m.
Poster Presentation Session 2, MGH

1:30–3:00 p.m.
Oral Presentation Session 1, MGH

2:00–3:30 p.m.
Visual Arts & Design Showcase, OUGL

2:30–4:00 p.m.
Poster Presentation Session 3, MGH

3:45–5:15 p.m.
Oral Presentation Session 2, MGH

4:00–5:30 p.m.
Poster Presentation Session 4, MGH

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFm44Ej9HC-NciMRR4dih2JPpPtndTRh06MJke8RgobuEfHTm7mIvpxg6FCvDmW_6dAU=> LEARN MORE

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFm44Ej9HC-NciMRR4dih2JPpPtndTRh06MJke8RgobuEfHTm7mIvpxg6FCvDmW_6dAU=>

PROGRAM NOTES

All presentations take place on Friday, May 20, and will happen in real time, Pacific Daylight Time. Sessions will not be available for viewing later.

More details about the student presenter schedule will be released before the event in our online Symposium proceedings <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFu9JfKROkAsLdl1FWMRcTESs-OijQ2cV8sDgu7hB99mDWvsY_h0T-X2qlpdZL_wtR5w=> . Make sure to set up your Zoom account <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFrCmBrjm3LiqZhJaDszZTnzkGpHZBPEcHmzRA4HDcQa1QLq4Ar10xNxNNMq6l87rwrA=> for virtual sessions if you do not already have one.

You will be able to watch and attend presentations by students you specifically want to see, and you will be able to explore and attend multiple virtual and in-person presentation sessions.

HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCHERS

Volunteer and take an active role in the Symposium event. Learn more here <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFieE9rF6LeEZMX2YwFryvwZSSfQ1Gu9VxC2WvmxYSSZamtJxONG2JeejJqMnzsgC9YA=> .

Attend the Symposium and ask questions. Register here <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFsLQQ06ldSeaaS32lOiX5_NfTXXB32vVdwcTbTLVvDI2k3CC40Atl5iInh2JqkLxDTw=> and tell your peers and colleagues.

Show your support on social media. Invite others ahead of time, and then post and tweet about your experiences using #HuskyResearch.

Make a gift. Please consider making a gift to ensure that research is a core part of a student’s Husky Experience.

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFj9N80CDM0cgtcs4V6aJAPL_i0Ut8KDBssdQRZpOxjkJiy_Y5mohn3F3dwoY_zLCaBY=> MAKE A GIFT

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFj9N80CDM0cgtcs4V6aJAPL_i0Ut8KDBssdQRZpOxjkJiy_Y5mohn3F3dwoY_zLCaBY=>

<https://explore.uw.edu/rs/131-AQO-225/images/Quote%20Marks%20Open.png>

I learned that anyone can participate in research. This experience taught me a lot about myself and has made me reconsider what I would like to do in the future. I now have more self-efficacy and optimism about my work after University.

-2022 Symposium Presenter-

<https://explore.uw.edu/rs/131-AQO-225/images/Quote%20Marks%20Close.png>

COVID-19 prevention steps for Symposium presenters, volunteers and attendees

We are proud to be part of a community that shows compassion and care toward one another. To mitigate against the potential of COVID-19 transmission at this large, indoor event, please consider taking these steps to help keep yourself and others healthy.

* You must stay home if you have symptoms <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFgkhPXH2CpQn5y1FMuDQkWoI82RmaRVySm6hHyxkC7TNPZIe_4ovwyPJ0rtfPpVku9U=> of any respiratory infection, even if you are vaccinated. Additionally, stay home if you are symptomatic or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine by a public health official.
* Get vaccinated and boosted — it remains your best way to avoid serious illness, and boosters are widely available <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFss3_wVLOwDFlBOntzcGK9eyVmuUpVuTBpo0F73IHAwcjyzPXJ1epRsblT-YQrk91P4=> .
* Get tested <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFmJKvNOXXrK2cRYp2YJJtzAh7k70grEtTQ6YTw131q1YtWmGedUFdXfVXa60iFDGCjA=> or do a self-test before you present in or attend the Symposium.
* Wear a well-fitted, high-quality mask indoors <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFop5-7tkoo24pEAvnt79H2q7xHBAY7tLgylijVS3REc6zC-2FGvIWqfMZD-J7_PQnuA=> (e.g., KN95, N95, KF94 and surgical masks) to further reduce the potential for transmission. These types of masks provide you with more protection than a cloth face covering and are available for free in several locations on each campus <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFlP-odo26twwtwonxm5UvAqgeq5MlH3XyqLRaPXKhYVNxD6VpVWE_MHZvs1OwlJRu1A=> .
* Activate WA Notify on your phone <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFo4fpPl6XhIxqV_wHDAgx9wBEQGgL96n-8zX6bbL2babYdpDEbHWQaXumZzNkmAp7gY=> so you can receive exposure notifications and anonymously let others know of their exposure if you test positive.

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFl2gynAlj7OqxbOK3wfDyzMvfqrCd1qFn5jeAWHZ6AOi53CxNxbU2XDAsFgtANc5HfM=> Symposium home page

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFpyvqaDc05sEcC5NaWK3boXl3vB4W0ZGU1itXJXTGHql8svN1E1XlCuRFVc3XtRFrwA=> URP Home

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFspSE9GFTxe6k8LJgiiSHRuZdCkFKYXpR3jwoPJpYTSMGJ3qrDcQBVnEjqS_nm0gijk=> UAA HOME

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFr9aArIAET9GG3j9xwb9KKTjK0A5lxFHFZGMdM-MsedrZfNm2BSWlGyF0TCvGqMqN4I=>

<http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFttWy4rdhu6cZ-mz-YzqhubsQn_80B0PFmD_PGibgRRBsoQlYTArzYLQVXEGAWd4gmo=> <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFp3I9edO-bkLIbWRRpkFNb0QBUc-YteNB4fo-P9h1ZxcbjZsS4vM8NKTuwR05kmVTIE=> <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFstAAU4WnQh6QQmuGA2r0iFtK1GQfKG7p2Zrs_HvYWoEM63rW6PRDJm0Q54l_tbIfEA=> <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFtf-AXNsfqXNyrOsmajm13tRAQ3vsrbtnHqV3HUDJGgbgsuRDaAE810k-x0PM4vUw7o=>

<mailto:urp at uw.edu> Contact Us | <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFueDbeMVj-dstQGxSizSp05f5q3Eqz1aArN10_YvffO3ulB_xnhFLfxJsVV7kAlMfeo=> Privacy | <http://discover.uw.edu/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFkGiNjFDWQcsJMBoZ_aBH8jEIKIdzs86zD0dRuKhptCS7eDXm3zHBSnGKJ56Fvai4t4=> Terms

© 2022

Undergraduate Research Program // University of Washington // Box 352803, 171 Mary Gates Hall // Seattle, WA 98195-2803

This email was sent to <http://discover.uw.edu/dc/uneV9Dqs-dHc9dCmwsi8LW0W2gJBlfcMi91XpuzVnGg=/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFmoiDM3mgO_IOXtFOykg59toSdwUJaxmDJPaw1GK2S-n42sg6Ivh2VVKMvylHNw7we0=> janetjg at uw.edu
<http://discover.uw.edu/dc/s0_afFuVBeZpG5HfC2pItdoyk_iXqjUzdyU9feBL9niw9StyPnLEmqJsTJOlbjtgXDeSeeu3hz6c5Ttevyih_SWlr56HQo-fW_BMyVZ9-TtY8ZPtljspK1e2qIU7avfzhRT6RO2Cz7noa-0zrg5MqC6jFfK-4OlBc2dSNPP-o4ns15fg4-Ckh7AJIYoK2hA3/MTMxLUFRTy0yMjUAAAGELlhMFmoiDM3mgO_IOXtFOykg59toSdwUJaxmDJPaw1GK2S-n42sg6Ivh2VVKMvylHNw7we0=> Unsubscribe or change your email preferences

<http://discover.uw.edu/trk?t=1&mid=MTMxLUFRTy0yMjU6MDo1MzY0OTo5ODc1NjoxNjQwMzA6MTIzMzEwOjk6MTA1NzExOjI3ODg4MjpqYW5ldGpnQHV3LmVkdQ%3D%3D>