[Biostudent] Upcoming Alumni Panel Sessions this Fall

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Tue Oct 4 08:55:41 PDT 2022

The Career <https://careers.uw.edu/> & Internship Center and the UW Alumni
Association <https://www.washington.edu/alumni/> are proud to co-host a
series of Alumni Panels <https://careers.uw.edu/alumni-panels/> throughout
the 2022-23 academic year. Each quarter, we will engage UW alumni to speak
on their expertise in the following broad themes: Careers with Impact,
Identity in the Workplace, & Innovation in Action. During Fall 2022, we're
excited to offer the following sessions, where students will be able to hear
tips, experiences, insights and recommendations from 2-4 UW alumni. Each
panel discussion will start as a moderated panel, and then move into an open
Q&A with the audience. Most of our sessions throughout the year will not be
recorded, so we look forward to "seeing" our participants virtually, in
real-time.

October 12
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uw.joinhandshake.com/edu/events/1100293_
_;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!kqlV6y1qXYNnZKFivIkjJzeK_4eXNIJvg9I-zqP-_fZtx7G6XYkpwJMHsfR-
zLRZTj4OQviwW0qhFKeeykWC$> th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Government & Policy
[uw.joinhandshake.com]

* As a partner event to our Government
<https://careers.uw.edu/events/2022/10/26/uw-seattle-2022-government-non-pro
fit-job-internship-fair-info-for-students/> & Non-Profit Job & Internship
Fair on October 26, this panel will allow students to learn about the varied
opportunities and career pathways for government and policy work. Join us
and hear from UW alum currently working in at the local, state, and federal
levels.
* Moderator:

* Chris Olsen Phillips, Associate Director, UW Impact [uwimpact.org]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uwimpact.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!kqlV6y1qXY
NnZKFivIkjJzeK_4eXNIJvg9I-zqP-_fZtx7G6XYkpwJMHsfR-zLRZTj4OQviwW0qhFCJ3tKVP$>

* Panelists:

* Courtney Acoff, '10, Pierce County District Representative (WA-06)
* Becka Poppe, '12, Budget & Policy Manager, King County Executive
Office
* Margaret (Hilly) Walrod, '17, Foreign Service Office, US Department
of State

November 9
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uw.joinhandshake.com/edu/events/1100324_
_;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!kqlV6y1qXYNnZKFivIkjJzeK_4eXNIJvg9I-zqP-_fZtx7G6XYkpwJMHsfR-
zLRZTj4OQviwW0qhFPryHljP$> th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Non-Tech in Tech
[uw.joinhandshake.com]

* The tech industry is booming and Seattle is home to many rapidly
growing tech organizations that require a broad range of skill sets and
roles to operate. If you're interested in working within the technical
industry, but you're not in a technical major, join us as we hear and learn
from University of Washington alums currently working in the tech industry.

For questions or more information, please email cicevents at uw.edu
<mailto:cicevents at uw.edu> .

Best,

-Dan

Dan Herb, M.Ed.

He/Him/His

Internship Success Manager

Career & Internship Center / University of Washington

134 Mary Gates Hall / Box 352810 / Seattle, WA 98195

Phone 206.543.9106

<mailto:dherb at uw.edu> dherb at uw.edu