[Biostudent] Student research assistant wanted

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Tue Oct 4 10:17:22 PDT 2022

Hello,

My name is Kim Quach and I am a clinical research program manager at the UW Medicine Division of Hematology. We are looking for a student research assistant and I am hoping you can post this position to the undergraduate biology department. See below for job description.
_____________

This position is for a part-time student research assistant at the University of Washington Division of Hematology clinical research program.

This position will coordinate and perform work in support of clinical research studies involving human subjects. Under supervision, this position will perform varied support functions requiring knowledge and skills specific to the research studies.

General responsibilities:
Gather and compile subject data from multiple sources (medical records, research records, etc.) and enter data into study databases (paper-based or electronic) while maintaining confidentiality of subject records and research files.
Review and correct data recorded in study specific data capture systems. Resolve and answer data queries with minimal errors.
Request patient medical records from outside medical facilities
Make study specific research kits
Pick up and drop off study research kits and biospecimens from FHCC SLU clinic and UWMC hospital
Miscellaneous clinical and administrative tasks as needed

Required:
High school graduation
Good people skills and ability to work well within a team
Applicants selected for this position who have not already completed the training for clinical research involving human subjects will be required to complete this training

Desired:
Strong computer skills and experience with data entry and databases
Strong attention to detail and ability to organize work
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Competency in Microsoft Office software

This position is in a clinical and research environment that is located at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center campus.

If interested, please email resume to Kim Quach at kquach at seattlecca.org <mailto:kquach at seattlecca.org>.

Thanks,

Kim Quach, MPH (she/her)
Clinical Research Program Manager
UW Medicine Division of Hematology
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
825 Eastlake Avenue East, Mailstop LG-700, Seattle WA 98109
office: 206-606-8311 | cell: 954-815-5998 | pager: 206-797-2704 | fax: 206-606-6984
email: kquach at seattlecca.org <mailto:kquach at seattlecca.org>