[Biostudent] Student Organization -Volunteers Around the World

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Fri Oct 28 18:31:56 PDT 2022

*Looking for an internship experience abroad? L**eadership experience in
the healthcare/public health field?*

*Join Volunteers Around the World at UW! *

Volunteers Around the World - University of Washington Chapter is
affiliated with a national humanitarian organization which works with local
professionals in developing countries around the world and educates interns
about the reality of health disparities. We will be leading a group of
interns to pop-up clinics in underserved communities to manage pharmacy,
participate in health screening and shadow local doctors!

We are currently recruiting for the Summer 2023 trip. We accept interns on
a first come first serve basis, so please consider applying early! The
intern application can be found here: https://forms.gle/aUFnafHkGKhenJnP6
[forms.gle]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.gle/aUFnafHkGKhenJnP6__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mENhMyJXG14g6pCkAitQSqTooLrEDepCNhkltTCoULHMFBQbS6bmJ3d4tSj12C6oLyjTAHm-fzC_Cw$>

Our Winter 2021 Medical Outreach trip to Guatemala was a success! We are
holding information sessions in which we will talk about the previous trips
and hold a Q&A session about the future trip plans. The first info session
will be held 7-7:30 pm on October 27th. Zoom link:
https://washington.zoom.us/j/93331342673 [washington.zoom.us]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/j/93331342673__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nkkXUIAcWAgil7QosM5WguWwe7plmEPMvrrxzH9bN-_FjvR9AC-pEFjZi1f4AZqi2CZdDVQA4MbxsY_u$>

If you are not yet sure about going on a trip but are interested in
learning more, you can sign-up to be on our mailing list:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdbMHHo9xJB4z4EKg7WjFZiMIxg48vwCc2cVKqjyM48_TmPug/viewform?usp=sf_link
[docs.google.com]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdbMHHo9xJB4z4EKg7WjFZiMIxg48vwCc2cVKqjyM48_TmPug/viewform?usp=sf_link__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nkkXUIAcWAgil7QosM5WguWwe7plmEPMvrrxzH9bN-_FjvR9AC-pEFjZi1f4AZqi2CZdDVQA4DZvWAaa$>

Our website also has up-to-date information, and if you have any additional
questions that are not answered there, feel free to contact us at
vatw at uw.edu

--
*Biology Advising *
University of Washington, *BOX* 355320

*Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):*

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

*Join Zoom Meeting *https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544
Advising Sessions via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person advising available
by appointment only.

Please include your name and student number in your emails.