[Biostudent] Student Employment - Lab Helper

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Tue Aug 1 14:08:36 PDT 2023

The Fields lab at Dept. of Genome Sciences is seeking a part-time
student helper. We are a lab that specializes in the development and
implementation of new technologies.

As our student helper, you will primarily be responsible for preparing and
autoclaving reagents and labware. The position requires 10-15 hours of
laboratory time per week. A strong background in chemistry or biology is
preferred.

Essential qualifications:
· Completed CHEM 142/152 (or similar)
· Capable of titrating solutions
· Capable of maintaining detailed lab notes
· Excellent attention to detail
· Cleanly/organized
· Willing to work summers

Perks: hours are completely flexible, and you are welcome to study
during down-time (i.e., while solutions are in the autoclave). The
environment in our lab is friendly, laid-back, and welcoming.

If you are interested in working with us, please submit a resume to:
yashok at uw.edu

--
*Biology Advising *
University of Washington, *BOX* 355320

*Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):*

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

*Join Zoom Meeting *https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544
Advising Sessions via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person advising available
by appointment only.

Please include your name and student number in your emails.