[Biostudent] Summer Research Program - Jackson Laboratory

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Tue Dec 5 18:35:22 PST 2023

This year we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of The Jackson Laboratory Summer Student Program by once again bringing 40 young scientists to participate in mentored research projects in the labs of JAX scientists in Bar Harbor, Maine, and Farmington, Connecticut.

During this 10-week paid fellowship, students participate in an ongoing research program at JAX with the support of an experienced scientific mentor. They develop an independent project, implement a research plan co-created with their mentor, analyze the data and report the results. SSP participants become members of a unique Living Learning Community that provides opportunities - professional development, ethics, and science communication workshops as well as adventures of all kinds – that enhance the research experience.

We believe that the cutting-edge research environment, the diverse student body and the extracurricular opportunities will make for an unforgettable summer.

We are holding three virtual open houses for your students to learn more about our program and the application process. We will discuss some of the characteristics that will help make applications stand out to the admissions team in addition to talking about the program. We hope you and your students will join us.

• Wednesday, December 13 - 4:00 pm (EST) Register for Link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jacksonlab.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtf--grTMtHtCe_NCYxwWfFFrwmdNX8jq5__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nf6UaFBh3PHVxvMxmIGoAionpURN9J5TpnTtbeVgjqUzbV5KeJGPUIUEu6NLOVJl45FY-n07jeKYuskU5f0$>
• Thursday, January 4 - 7:00 pm (EST) Register for Link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jacksonlab.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEuduigqDgqH9Oqmw2ajUn0lUCa4ltA6DSx__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nf6UaFBh3PHVxvMxmIGoAionpURN9J5TpnTtbeVgjqUzbV5KeJGPUIUEu6NLOVJl45FY-n07jeKYPpVm-jM$>
• Thursday, January 11 - 10:00 am (EST) Register for Link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jacksonlab.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUscu6vqzIpEtdbccvwlb0mAOymxju-sg0b__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nf6UaFBh3PHVxvMxmIGoAionpURN9J5TpnTtbeVgjqUzbV5KeJGPUIUEu6NLOVJl45FY-n07jeKYsdXnmVk$>
For more info on the program
Summer Student Program (jax.org)<https://www.jax.org/education-and-learning/high-school-students-and-undergraduates/learn-earn-and-explore>

Biology Advising
University of Washington, BOX 355320
318 Hitchcock Hall
http://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate

Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Join Zoom Meeting https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544

Advising Sessions via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person advising available by appointment only.

Please include your name and student number in your emails.