[Biostudent] Biology Students for Equity Journal Club

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Tue Jan 17 11:33:43 PST 2023

“Please join Biology Students for Equity at our first meeting for our undergraduate Journal Club discussing issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in research, biology-related or otherwise. We will have a presentation and informal discussion of a research article on the last Friday of every month; feel free to drop in for a portion of the meeting time and don’t worry if you don’t have time to read the article! Students involved in research or hoping to get involved in research are especially encouraged to come!

Meeting: Friday, January 27th, 2023 from 9:30-11:00 AM in MGH 171. Coffee and food provided!

Article: <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1008210__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!got3i7woPGe8UO5hKdxxK8cLeOmTvt2fMC3hNyAxIjRSKuZ751yri0GOmpXY03xtIv6o8-5Uno1THZ0N$> Chaudhary, V. B. & Berhe, A. A. Ten simple rules for building an antiracist lab. PLoS Comput Biol 16, e1008210 (2020).

For more information, please email <mailto:biologystudentsforequity at gmail.com> biologystudentsforequity at gmail.com or reach out to us on Instagram @biologystudentsforequity.”

Thank you,

Abby

--