[Biostudent] Employment/Internship- SER-UW Native Plant Nursery

Jason L. Patterson patterj at uw.edu
Wed May 31 17:24:15 PDT 2023

The SER-UW Native Plant Nursery is accepting applications for both our Summer/Fall Nursery Internship and our Student Nursery Assistant positions! See details about each position below, more information at sites.uw.edu/seruwnursery/get-involved/ These positions are available for current UW undergraduate students. Please share with any students you think may be interested in either opportunity.

Nursery Internship - Summer/Fall 2023
Up to 20 hrs a week in Summer, 10 hrs a week in Fall
Start Date: June 26th 2023 | End Date: December 15th 2023
- Gain experience and knowledge with native plant production
- Earn up to 3 credits toward your undergraduate degree
- Receive a $1.3k education award at the end of your term (summer/fall intern exclusive!!)

Student Assistant
Up to 10 hrs a week
Start Date: June 26th 2023 | End Date: June 9th 2024
- Mid-level horticulture experience needed, directly assists with nursery management
- $19.87 per hour
- $1.7k education award at the end of your term

Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume (including academic program, relevant coursework, and work experience) to the SER-UW Native Plant Nursery Manager at sernursery at gmail.com with the subject line "Nursery Internship SU/FA23" or "Student Nursery Assistant" Application due by Friday, June 9th at 11:59 pm.

All the best,
Lea Dyga (they/she)
SER-UW Native Plant Nursery Manager
AmeriCorps CLEC Member
University of Washington Botanic Gardens

Jason Patterson, M Ed. (He/Him)
Academic Counselor Senior, Department of Biology
patterj at u.washington.edu<mailto:patterj at u.washington.edu>
318 HCK, University of Washington, BOX 355320 Phone: 206-543-7767
http://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate
Biology Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
My Regular Drop in Zoom days: Tues, Thurs 1-4 pm, and Mon, Tues, Weds, Thursday 9-12pm.
Zoom link for those hours: https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544

Advising Sessions Via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person individual advising available by appointment only.

Appointments by request. Please include your name and student number in your emails.